OutXpro Insect Light - Review

OutXpro Insect Light

Product rating: 3 out of 5 stars.

The light is ok - it definitely does what its supposed to do (KILL BUGS)....however the dead carcasses get so caked on the light that it has to be taken down too often and cleaned. The good part about that is they provide a brush to do so, however removing the light every few days to do this has become tedious. I don't know if there is a way that the manufacturer could have avoided that (probably not) but nevertheless I figured I would mention it. At least the seller provides a brush to clean the dead bugs out, that's a bonus.

When I first screwed the bulb in the bug light part worked but the bulb (the light) did not. I took it out and screwed it back in and both worked...so if that happens to you maybe take it out and put it back in. The reason I gave this three stars is not for that reason, but because it is a very harsh, cold, white light...and i know it says white light on the listing but I've had other white lights and this one is not like those - this makes everything around it look kinda scary. It's very "sterile" looking, not comforting. I actually took it down and its back in the box as I have no where to put it that it doesn't make the area it's in look unflattering. I tried it outside on my front porch, it made the house look unapproachable. I tried it in a hallway near our back door and it made the hallway look creepy. The light has absolutely no yellow or warmness to it - it is just a very ugly, sterile-looking bright white that they would use in a hospital basement. It's awful. So, three stars cause it works and kills bugs, minus two stars because the light is so harsh and I can't use it anywhere. If you are looking for a warm light - THIS IS NOT IT. If you are looking for a bright white, sterile, creepy brightness or if you don't care then this will work. It DOES kill bugs - lots of them.

*DISCLAIMER:
In accordance with FTC 16 CFR, Part 255 guidelines regarding promotional or discounted products, I have received this item at a discount for the purpose of testing and a thorough review. The opinions stated are my own and are honest and unbiased. All views expressed are based on my own experience using this product. I have no relationship with the seller and was not compensated or expected to give a positive review. I do not receive any type of compensation if you click on the link to purchase, it is only provided for convenience. I reserve the right to modify my review at any time if during the use of this product the quality or usability changes.


This item can be purchased from Amazon.com by clicking HERE



.

Comments