VersionTech Wired Stereo Gaming Headset Review

VersionTech Gaming Headset



I would give this headset a 4.25 out of 5 stars (that was not an option, however).
Nice budget wired headset for MMO gaming and single player, the wires are long enough to give room to move and provide some distance between your eyes and the monitor.

Pros:
The sound is clear and not muffled or distorted even at high volumes.
The earpads cover the entire ear and are comfortable - they do not hurt the ears during long gaming sessions.
Noise cancelling - very limited outside noise is heard when headset is on.
Top of band is padded for extra comfort.
They fit both my husbands giant nugget and my teen daughters tiny head just fine.
The lights looks really cool, and if you choose not to use them just don't plug them in (headset still works without lights plugged in).
Cords are braided, providing extra strength against wear.
Bass is ok, not distorted. Treble and higher sounds come through clear.
In-line controls for the sound and mic.

Cons:
Mic is not retractable (however it was not described as such, so no stars removed), just an observation.
Sound quality on the opposite end of the mic was so/so for me. Several players on my team noted it on more than one occasion.

I think if one is looking for a good set of budget headphones, this is a great set - or even a good starter set for someone just starting out with gaming (or younger children). Of course there are sets that are in the hundreds, then you have your mid-range sets. I would consider this a budget set with big sound. The only problem I had so far was some players having a hard time hearing through my mic but there are many variables that could come into play with that scenario. Five years from now if these fly the coop and I had the option to purchase this same set at full listing price, I would. I am happy with the item. Keep in mind it only works on computer gaming - not for console gaming.


This item can be purchased at Amazon.com by clicking HERE.

**DISCLAIMER: In accordance with FTC 16 CFR, Part 255 guidelines regarding promotional or discounted products, I have received this item at a discount for the purpose of testing and a thorough review. The opinions stated are my own and are honest and unbiased. All views expressed are based on my own experience using this product. I have no relationship with the seller and was not compensated or expected to give a positive review. I reserve the right to modify my review at any time if during the use of this product the quality or usability changes.


.

Comments